Subject: Re: Blade 100 USB keyboard problems
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/18/2005 13:03:09
Martin Husemann wrote:
>> Brilliant, just too bad I need to downgrade. Are there any noticable
>> changes as in unwanted sideeffect that a downgrade may cause ?

> Please at least file a PR and give us a few days to gather the complete
> information before you downgrade. Maybe we can easily fix the problem.

Hey Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

As I just upgraded the day before yesterday to a newer version, I don't
expect problems downgrading either. If I can testify that 4.16 and 4.17.1
fails and an older version does indeed really work, that may be nice
information to have? I don't mind downgrading it for a while just for
testing purposes.

However, there's an openboot firmware (4.17.1 at this moment, which I
should downgrade) and POST versions. Is this only presumed to be a
openboot firmware problem, or does the POST firmware step into this
picture somewhere too ?

mvg,

Wouter

--