Subject: Re: framebuffer access
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/13/2005 19:05:17
On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 10:38:08AM -0500, Michael wrote:
> At least geometry and colour depth are returned by
> ioctl(WSDISPLAYIO_GINFO), but it doesn't tell you anything about colour
> format, there's no way to tell if it's RGB or BGR in 24bit or 32bit mode
> and you'd have to probe endianness yourself.

Maybe we should even have an ioctl that returns a list of all mmap'able
regions with some enum type describing it's use (main framebuffer, any of
the dozen special things ffb does, what have you) and even have the X
server use this instead of the hardcoded offsets the drivers now use.

For machfb for example it would return two "main framebuffer" entries,
with different endianess.

Martin