Subject: Re: framebuffer access
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Radek Kujawa <streamer@cytrynka.infoland.int.pl>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/12/2005 15:20:38
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Michael wrote:

> It is possible, provided you're using 3.0 or newer. Older versions
> don't have wscons. On 2.x you can still use /dev/fb* but mmap()ing PCI
> framebuffers will be tricky.

Thanks for your reply. I'm running -current, so I'm really interested only
in wscons stuff. Machine is Ultra 5 (mach64 graphics).

For some unknown reason following code fails on sparc64 (but works on
macppc):

	fb_memory = (u_char*) mmap(0, fb_size, PROT_READ | PROT_WRITE,
MAP_SHARED, fb_fd, 0);

	mmap returns MAP_FAILED and errno is set to EINVAL. I double
checked everything, and I'm sure that fb_size and fb_fd parameters are
fine.

Any ideas?

Radek