Subject: Re: Problems booting Blade150
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: O.Griener <cc@mspares.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/19/2005 08:12:56
<franceschini_a <at> tiscali.it> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> 	I'm trying to install NetBSD on a SunBlade150 workstation.
>
> 	I tried many different versions up to 2.0.2.
>
> 	I tried netbooting, booting from cd, but any attempt
> 	has failed.
>
> 	They all stop  when it comes to mount root filesystem.
>
> 	Netboot become deaf to bootparam reply (thus not mounting NFS),
> 	 while cd simply hangs.

Hi,

I had the same problem with my Blade 150. I think it's an ECC problem.

You get this error message if you have "mixed" or ECC RAM only.
Obviously NetBSD and FreeBSD kernels have problem with it.
OpenBSD works though. I replaced my ECC with non-ECC
and NetBSD-2.0.2/Sparc64 runs on Blade 150 properly.

Cheers