Subject: Blade 100 USB keyboard problems
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/18/2005 20:22:57
Hi all,

I recently got a Blade 100 to play with, and I want it to run NetBSD.
However, when I boot it from CD, it doesn't recognize my keyboard. This
seems a know problem, but it should be solved as I read from
INSTALL.html, since the switch to wscons:

"Switched to wscons console framework

This makes USB keyboards/mice fully usable. The above mentioned
framebuffer drivers also support virtual consoles with wscons - use
L1/Stop-F1..Fn to switch the console screen to another console- "

I made myself a current CD, tried an official 2.0.2, and a releng
daily-current CD, but none of them have keyboard support yet.

Of course, I checked the keyboard itself works, since I can do STOP-a,
and "boot cdrom" :)

In April, Martin Husemann reported success for the keyboard too in
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc64/2005/04/29/0007.html

The output I get on serial console matched the PR from
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc64/2005/06/10/0008.html
(see too: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc64/2005/06/10/0005.html)

I mailed the creator of the PR, and it's still unsolved.

Somebody before with 1.6 had the same problem, and solved it:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc64/2004/05/27/0003.html

However, that patch doesn't seem valid for current anymore, since it
seems at first sight largely the same.

Using serial cable, I can't get any program to work. The question about
terminal settings just before it should pop into the main menu doesn't
show over the cable the way it should be:

"erase ^?, werase", but over normal monitor, the line shows up fine (but
here, no keyboard support).

Where do I go wrong, and which info is up2date, and what isn't ?

mvg,

Wouter

--
Er was eens een boer. Hij had 3 koeien, 2 witte en 1 witte.
Maar dat gaf niet, want de koe gaf ook niet.  De boer vond een