Subject: Re: "exec /sbin/init: error 8" at boot
To: Johan A.van Zanten <johan@giantfoo.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/14/2005 21:19:13
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Johan A.van Zanten wrote:
> I'm trying to compile a customer kernel ("LEMONCURRY") on a Sun AXi
> board.  The GENERIC kernel boots fine.  Anyone have any ideas about what
> the problem might be, and a workaround or fix?
> exec /sbin/init: error 8

#define ENOENT          2               /* No such file or directory */

> init: trying /sbin/oinit
> exec /sbin/oinit: error 2

#define ENOENT          2               /* No such file or directory */

> init: not found
> panic: no init

You probably managed to leave out the ability to run ELF binaries, or your
/sbin/init is messed up. It may be a 32bit binary (did you install
sparc(32, not 64) userland?) and  you forgot options EXEC_ELF32?

(and why exactly is that "option*S*", anyways?)

  - Hubert