Subject: esiop(4) doesn't spin up disk automatically
To: NetBSD sparc64 <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/30/2005 21:44:27
Hi

I've just added a new SCSI disk to my U5, and it seems that the esiop(4)
doesn't spin up the disk automatically:
sd1(esiop0:0:1:0):  Check Condition on CDB: 0x00 00 00 00 00 00
    SENSE KEY:  Not Ready
     ASC/ASCQ:  Logical Unit Not Ready, Initialization Command Required

My adapter:
esiop0 at pci2 dev 1 function 0: Symbios Logic 53c875 (ultra-wide scsi)
esiop0: using on-board RAM
esiop0: interrupting at ivec 10
scsibus0 at esiop0: 16 targets, 8 luns per target

If I spin up the disk manually using scsictl(8) it works fine (and I know I
can jumper the disk to do this automatically at power-on). Is this the
expected behaviour? I seem to remember ahc(4) on i386 automatically
spinning up disks when it was initialised, or is my memory failing me?

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/
mj@turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/