Subject: Re: browser woes...
To: None <segv@netctl.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/30/2005 13:58:25
On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 12:44:36PM +0100, segv@netctl.net wrote:
> So I'm assuming you'd want to run a solaris executable via emulation. Mozilla
> based browsers are all threaded and compat_netbsd32 does not support threading
> on sparc64, or maybe compat_svr4 and compat_svr4_32 are totally separate and
> fully support threaded applications?

COMPAT_NETBSD32 threading is completely different from Solaris threading.
You are right, for COMPAT_NETBSD32 we do not support it, yet. This means
nothing for the other compats, though.

I have no idea if threaded Solaris programs run (which even might depend
on the version of the Solaris threading library used).

Martin