Subject: Re: x configuring...
To: 'port-sparc64@NetBSD.org' <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Schwerzmann, Stephan <stephan.schwerzmann@schmid-telecom.ch>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/27/2005 10:43:01
hello,

  thanks {der Mouse|Michael} for your details.

  I was curious about how much is doable by just configuring,
I'm not interested in patching/hacking code for now.

  one more question, just for clarification:
is the term "multihead" more a generic term to any box having
2 or more monitors connected, regardless of how these are used
and what they display (e.g. also mirroring the same image, why
not siply with a Y-video-cable)?
or is it specific to a box where only one user (with all input
devices such as keyboard(s), mouse... "belong to him") but the
"desktop" spans all connected screens (either having available
:0.0,:0.1,:0.2... or using xinerama or the like) and windows
scattered all over?

  is there a "correct[TM]" terminology for differentiating
all the use cases in this area?

Stephan