Subject: Re: x configuring...
To: 'port-sparc64@NetBSD.org' <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Schwerzmann, Stephan <stephan.schwerzmann@schmid-telecom.ch>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/26/2005 17:43:51
[snippalot]
> Sorry for this but there isn't really anything we can do about this
> short of hacking the way XFree accesses PCI devices. But we'll probably
> have to do it some day. Anyway, the short version of the story is - only
> one PCI graphics controller will currently be usable and only if it is
> the console. XFree doesn't know how to access non-console PCI graphics
> chips but it finds them by scanning the bus.=20
[snippalot]

  what does the last sentence really mean to an end user?

  does this mean that it is not possible to operate a "2 person"
setup like: the first screen (e.g. onboard gfx chip) + local
keyboard + local mouse = console + X DISPLAY=:0.0;
the second screen (e.g. UPA or PCI card) + USB keyboard + USB mouse
= non-console + X DISPLAY=:1.0 (for a 2nd person sitting at the desk
nearby) ?

  is such a "2 person" setup just not possible on an U10/U5?

  is such a "2 person" setup possible at all w. netbsd, but on
which architecture?
(ok, this last question should really be adressed to netbsd-help or
netbsd-users - pse be kind and forgive...)

thanks in advance
Stephan