Subject: Re: Re: PGX64 and XFree
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/21/2005 16:28:13
Dans l'épisode précédent (Wed, Sep 21 2005 - 07:43), Michael nous apprenait que :
> Hello,
>
> > I got a Sun PGX64 and plugged it in my Ultra10.
> > I enabled it as "console only" using "setenv pcib-probe-list 1,3".
> > It works OK on Solaris 9.
>
> setenv output-device /pci/whatever/ATY,something
> should do the trick without any PCI probing stunts
>
> > Now I installed NetBSD 3.99.8 and try to startx.
> > There don't seem to be any error, but X don't show - my LCD monitor
> > says "can't display this mode" ; XFree86/twm/xterm/xclock appear in
> > `top` with no special CPU charge - they're just there.
>
> According to your log X thinks all is well.
>
> > I've attached the log and conf (in case it helps).
> > The internal ATI worked OK when I tried it (expect it won't go to
> > 1280x1024 bcause of memory size).
>
> It should do it in 16bit. Please try this with the onboard ATI, just to
> make sure your LCD likes these timings at all.

OK, I took my finger out of my *** and unpluggued the PGX64.
Now I have XFree86 running and displaying on my LCD.

BTW, you were right, in 16Bits I can do 1280x1024 :)

> > Any idea why X don't appears nicely on my LCD ?
>
> Not yet. Either X programmed some weird video timings or your LCD is
> picky - no way for me to tell which one it is.

What next then to guess why the PGX64 works but don't display anything ?

TIA,
	Jo
--
,-- This mail runs ---------.