Subject: Re: cg6 double-buffering
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: khaqq <khaqq@free.fr>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/19/2005 15:03:07
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 07:52:24 -0400
Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in theory every cg6 with 4MB VRAM should support double-buffering and
> some bits in the FBC_MODE register should select which buffer to read,
> write and display. My problem - I have a TurboGX here, the PROM says it
> supports double buffering but fiddling these bits doesn't do anything
> besides fiddling these bits.
> So, apparently I'm missing something. Does it need more setup? Is it
> known broken?
>
> have fun
> Michael

Hi,

I think the TGX+ have 4MB VRAM and the TGX have 1MB.

From the Framebuffer FAQ :
http://www.sunshack.org/data/fbfaq/FrameBuffer.html
"The TGX/TGX+ are compatible with the GX/GX+ but are faster and support
more resolutions. (The T stands for Turbo). The GX/TGX have 1Mb of
on-board memory, which gives them a maximum resolution of 1152x900. The
GX+/TGX+ have 4Mb of memory, which is used for double-buffering and
optimisation, and has a maximum supported resolution of 1600x1280."

I guess you need a 4MB part.

khaqq