Subject: Re: Advice on debugging pthreads problems
To: segv <segv@netctl.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/22/2005 21:47:19
On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 04:02:29PM +0100, segv wrote:
> sometimes it crashes in pthreads library with SIGBUS, sometimes in Xft library
> with SIGSEGV

I think this are two problems, the font rendering code might have alignement
(and other) bugs; the second effect is a register window handling problem
that effectively zeros a whole bunch of registers on return from a syscall.
My guess is the return path to userland eroneously restoring registers from
the trapframe instead of the window save area in the pcb - but I don't see
how it could happen.

Martin