Subject: Netra t1 105 + Symbios 53c1010
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/17/2005 08:27:47
I've recently purchased an LSI Logic LSI20160, aka Symbios 53c1010-66. From
what LSI's site suggests, this card should be supported and bootable by Sun
OpenBoot 3.x. My goal is to use it in my Sun Netra t1 105 in place of the
onboard ultra/wide controller. So, I have a couple questions:

1) has anyone done this before, and if so, what were your experiences?

2) I'm assuming the super thin scsi ribbon cable that comes in the Netra is
   far from capable of doing LVD; with that in mind, is there a cable you
   would recommend, seeing as I only have to go from the host adapter to the
   two SCA bays?

Any feedback is appreciated.

TIA,

-Sean