Subject: system hang
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: segv <segv@netctl.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/11/2005 15:43:34
Hi, I'm running NetBSD-3.0_BETA built on Jul 20th
I noticed that when running www/galeon web browser, on some occasions it would
hang and start using all the CPU time, the system would slowly become less and
less responsive, until it totally froze.

I'm guessing there is more to it than just a buggy application, since a single
applications (no matter how badly it was written) should not bring a whole
system to a halt. At the moment I'm not sure what triggers this problem, from
now on I will run ktruss on it and see if it gives out more details. I'm
thinking it could be something to do with threads or X11??

The question I would like to ask is: has anyone else noticed similar problems?