Subject: MPPE lkm and 3.99.7
To: NetBSD/sparc64 <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/10/2005 18:28:22
Hi,

I have an Ultra5, running 3.0_BETA and providing Windows VPN with
PoPToP/mppe-lkm. I wanted to switch the service on my V100 which is
running 3.99.7 (mppe-lkm-0.0.4nb1).

After I had issue (missing arc4 support) with my custom kernel, I found
(on -current ML archive) that unabling wi solves my compilation problem.

Now, when I try to load the module, I get :
-(ptijo@thundera)-(NetBSD 3.99.7)-(0 jobs)-(Wed Aug 10)-
-(18:20)-(~)- sudo /etc/rc.d/lkm3 start
mppe.o: modload: can't reserve memory: Operation not permitted

If I reboot the machine with 'lkm=YES', it will kernel dump when trying
to load the module (I don't have the console output, but can get it if
necessary).

As I said, it works OK on 3.0_BETA.
Any idea on what (or what test to do to get the info) is happening ?

TIA,
	Jo