Subject: RE: Memory In An Ultra 10
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Gary Parker <G.J.Parker@lboro.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/05/2005 10:16:54

Thanks to everyone who replied to this, here's a summary of what I
discovered and where I'm at now:

The 300MHz machine I pilaged turned out to have the earliest revision of
system board for the U10s, FEH notes for all subsequent models have notes
regarding 50ns and 60ns DIMMs but there's no mention of different RAM speeds
for this model (370-0009). I'm therefore guessing that this model can't
differentiate between different speed DIMMs. However, the machine is now
running quite happily with 1GB RAM (at 60ns) and the 440MHz CPU module and I
let it compile a 3.0_BETA kernel that it's now running and I'll leave it
doing a build world this afternoon as a bit of a soak test.

G.