Subject: Re: Memory In An Ultra 10
To: segv <segv@netctl.net>
From: Timo Schoeler <tis@riscworks.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/04/2005 16:26:00
On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, segv wrote:

>> So, the question is, is there a jumper somewhere in the system board that I
>> need to set to get it to run at 50ns rather than 60ns? Now that Sun have
>> stopped open access to the system handbooks I can't check this out for
>> myself...
>
> Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm not entirely sure what they're hoping to achieve
> by restricting access to the system handbooks. It's like they open up Solaris
> but they don't allow you to read documentation about their hardware, there
> doesn't seem to be much logic in it...

at the sight of the Ultra 20 (shame on them naming it Ultra!) it seems
that Sun is going to become an ordinary PeeCee seller -- well, Apple does
it the same way. so one won't need sunsolve any longer -- just have a look
at Asus' (insert additional 'mainboard' manufacturers here) site :D

SCNR, but it's really, really sad what's going on in the world of
computing...

cheers,

timo