Subject: Re: gdm?
To: Greg Evans <greg.evans7@verizon.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/01/2005 10:51:40
On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 07:29:16PM -0700, Greg Evans wrote:
> I would like to get gnome (gdm) running at boot time but being a
> newbie to netbsd/sparc I am not sure what I need to do. I thought I
> may need to run xf86config, but i read in the mailing list archives
> that it has no need to exist for Sparc machines.

Since startx works for you, everything is fine with your X configuration.

Gnome has a gdm.conf configuration file where the command to fire up the X
server is hidden (sorry, I can't remember the path, was it
/usr/pkg/etc/gdm?). I bet there is an additional argument in there that tries
to fire up the X server on vt5. Just remove that vt5 and it should work.

If this is your problem, please file a pkg PR about it.

Martin