Subject: Re: postfix and scache problem
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/31/2005 15:34:31
Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 11:42:04AM +0200, Joel CARNAT wrote:
>
>>You have two options:
>>
>>    /etc/postfix/main.cf:
>>        smtp_connection_cache_on_demand = no
>>
>>or use an operating system that does not break under stress.
>

> Do you also get this log entry?
>
> postfix/scache[21161]: fatal: event_loop: select: Bad file descriptor

Nope, none such :(

Looks like they go coupled :
postfix/scache[25761]: warning: scache_save_endp_service: unable to
receive file descriptor
postfix/smtp[6325]: warning: problem talking to service private/scache
socket: Invalid argument

There are thousand like those and they always come by 2.

> The scache process then exits and the server side can't talk to it any more.

 From what I saw (in the urge of recovering the service ;), the mails
were still accepted (from smtpd I guess) and began to be processed. But,
none were delivered, nor appeared in `mailq`. They were only visible
from "/var/spool/postfix/active/". Then, when I set
"smtp_connection_cache_on_demand = no", all those mails began to get
delivered.