Subject: Re: gem stalls
To: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/26/2005 12:28:13
On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 08:49:15PM -0400, Miles Nordin wrote:
> respectfully, I think you're maybe misled by being on the edge of the
> debate.

Yes, true. Sorry if my tone came accross wrong.

>  These are the only two functions that join
> PF and ALTQ together, and the only two functions needed to join
> ipfilter and PF's ALTQ together.

Thanks for clarifying - I actually wasn't aware of how small this issue
realy is.

> Shall I send-pr with my shell script that solves this ``muddled
> configuration file'' architectural deficiency?  One could make 'pfctl'
> check argv[0] as well,

I don't think that will help right now (but see below)

> but the point is this is mearly fashion and
> pride, not a real architectural problem, not a reason to hold up a
> patch for over two YEARS.

True. We need to take this further. I agree with you that there is no good
excuse to have deferred proper integration so long and that the issue should
be resolved ASAP.

Please let's take this off-list (it's not a port-sparc64 issue), I'll get
back to you next week and will see how we can proceed here.

Martin