Subject: Re: 64-bit clean web browser (sort of)
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Pavel Cahyna <cahyna@pc313.imc.cas.cz>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/22/2005 14:49:17
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:49:13 -0400, Michael wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> I tried Konqueror about a month ago on -current. It frequently locked
>> up. Either by eating all CPU (machine got _very_ slow, but killing
>> kdeinit got it back) or it staled the mache compleatly, i.e. the
>> kernel was hung. Do I smell pthred problems?
>
> Yes, the problem is still there and it's not konqueror-specific -
> apparently these kdeinit processes are just component loaders ( for

It seems that those kdeinit processes are actually your KDE applications.
According to this [http://www.suse.de/~bastian/Export/linking.txt, section
4], KDE starts one process (kdeinit) and all other KDE applications are
created from it by fork() and dlopen() to eliminate exec overhead. So all
the KDE applications are called kdeinit.

(I don't use KDE, so I can be wrong.)

Bye	Pavel