Subject: Re: choppy audio playback
To: segv <segv@netctl.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/22/2005 08:26:48
On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 09:27:28PM +0100, segv wrote:
> 2) I don't have any SATA disks, just regular ATA disks, which ATA controller cards would
> you recommend? I mean I've got Promise ATA100 card, but I was previously told (and I
> tried it out myself) it doesn't run in Ultra/100 mode, but downgrades to Ultra/33. So
> which cards/chipsets are known to work with sparc64 port?

Well, even Ultra 33 is better than the on-board stuff ;-)

Any chipset should work (or be easy to fix if it doesn't initialy, though I
do not expect that to happen).

I can't realy comment on parallel ATA chipsets - when I needed an external one,
I've always used SCSI or a satalink (Silicon Image SATALink 3114) controller
myself.

Martin