Subject: Re: choppy audio playback
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: segv <segv@netctl.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/21/2005 21:27:28
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:10:35 +0200
Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 08:47:39PM +0100, segv wrote:
>
> > Greetings, I'm running recent build of NetBSD-3 on Ultra 10 with IDE hard
> > disk
>
> This means you are using the on-board, crappy, CMD ide chip.
>
> Martin

That's the one. Since we're on the subject:

1) If I use a PCI controller card, will this fix the problem?

2) I don't have any SATA disks, just regular ATA disks, which ATA controller cards would
you recommend? I mean I've got Promise ATA100 card, but I was previously told (and I
tried it out myself) it doesn't run in Ultra/100 mode, but downgrades to Ultra/33. So
which cards/chipsets are known to work with sparc64 port?

Thanks.