Subject: Re: X11 modules missing for sparc build
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: segv <segv@netctl.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/19/2005 18:22:26
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:06:05 -0400
Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net> wrote:

> In case you want to run XFree86 in a 32bit userland on sparc64
> hardware things may be easier ( or trickier, I've never tried that )
> - compiling XFree86 natively, via make World, may be the easiest way
> to get there.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I've got 32-bit kernel and
userland running on 2nd hard disk on my Ultra 10. I tried building
32-bit GTK applications and running them with 64-bit kernel via /emul/
netbsd32, but they don't work, 32-bit emulation is pretty flaky.

How do you suggest I compile 32-bit XFree86, can you give me more info/
examples of which Make targets I have to run, etc.

Thanks