Subject: re: would my Quad card be broken ?
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/25/2005 04:31:30

   > I don't know exactly what you mean by 'mainboard that can take faster
   > CPU modules'... but my U5 has a Rage II, and is currently using a
   > 333mhz+2MB cache CPU module just fine. I'm reasonably certain that a
   > 440mhz would run in here, but I don't have an appropriate module to
   > test it with. It was upgraded from the original 270mhz US-IIi.

   Good to know. I seem to remember reading ( somewhere at sun.com? I'm not
   sure ) that CPU modules >300MHz(?) wouldn't work on the first (few)
   batch(es) of U5/U10 boards. So this change ( if at all ) apparently
   doesn't coincide with the graphic chip upgrade.

i have a u10/300 that won't take a /333 /360 or /400 module.
it goes into a cycling RED state at the prom at power up.

i am not sure i've checked it has latest firmware though.

.mrg.