Subject: Re: Sparc 20 hypersparc vs Ultra 2
To: None <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Johan A.van Zanten <johan@giantfoo.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/23/2005 13:46:00
"Bruce O'Neel" <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to all that replied.  An ultra II/200x2 is on it's way from
> some folks in Germany and when I'm in the US next month I'll pick
> up the 2 cheap 300mhz Utrasparc II cpus.

Check the machine's firmware when you get it -- the US-II CPUs may need a
later revision than the US-Is.  Luckily the Ultra 2 has a Flash PROM, and
i think you should be able to download the latest rev. from
sunsolve.sun.com (though you will need to be running Solaris to run the
updater).

 There are some PDFs on this page that may be helpful:

http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/hardware/docs/Workstation_Products/Workstations/UltraSPARC_Workstations/Sun_Ultra_2/index.html

 -johan