Subject: wscons keyboard questions
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/21/2005 22:01:10
Hello,

I have a U5 with type5 keyboard, and I'm a bit stumped as to how wscons
and especially wskbd works with this (as opposed to on i386).

The main problem I have is that I can't switch virtual consoles.
Control+Alt+Fn does nothing, where on i386 they switch the console.
It does not matter whether I am in X or in console, and setting
encoding makes no difference (I tried us and sv).

Looking at wsconsctl map output, keycodes 5, 6, 7, ... are bound
to Cmd_Screen#... but what keys produce those keycodes?

Also, is it possible to make the Power key do anything sensible
(like bind it to do shutdown -p?). Or the volume up/down buttons?

Hmm... I guess I can make the window manager handle the volume
keys, but the Power key generates no X event, and anyway I'd like
it to be independent of X.