Subject: Re: Re: would my Quad card be broken ?
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/19/2005 20:54:42
--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

On Sun, Jun 19 2005 - 12:43, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> > > I meant in something that's not a Sun - if there's a generic problem
> > > with the Simba PCI bridge and more bridges behind it then other U5
> > > or U10 boxes will most likely have it too.
> > >=20
> >=20
> >  well, I have a (bad) clue for this ;(
> >  this card was previsously pluggued into a pentium/celeron box (see a
>=20
> Ah, I remember - didn't really read it though ( I don't have an x86 box
> anymore ) and I wasn't aware that it's the same card.=20
>=20

 heh, yeah it's the same :)

> >  to summarize :
> > 1. it works on i386 when all the drivers are enabled.
> > 2. it has the 200K/s issue (but I thought it might be a i386 issue so
> > didn't investigate more).
> > 3. looks like it "works/bugs" the same way on 3.0_BETA/sparc64 and
> > 2.0_STABLE/i386.
>=20
> So it's either the driver or the card itself. Any chance to test it with
> Solaris? ( booting the CD and dropping into a shell should be enough I
> think )
>=20

 I booted a Sol9 CD and FTP-transfered through an X-cable.
 Solaris' FTP said transfer rate was 11MB/s.

 While the U5 was down, I plugged a 3Com 3c905-TX in it.
 Transfer through this interface gives a decent rate.

--=20
,- This mail runs ------.
`--------- NetBSD/i386 -'

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ