Subject: Re: would my Quad card be broken ?
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/14/2005 08:28:11
On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 07:01:51PM -0400, Michael wrote:
> Hmm, I have an ohci and an esiop card in my U10, both deliver
> considerably more than 200kB/s, so I don't think we have a problem with
> the Simba bridge.

I was thinking more of a bad interaction between the Simba and the onboard
bridge on the qfe (a problem that is perhaps not evident with cards without
an onboard bridge). I also have an esiop(4) that gives more than 200K/s in
my Ultra 5 :)

Joel - what performance do you get from the onboard hme(4)? I upgraded my
Ultra 5 to 3.0_BETA last night and got at least 1.5M/s from the onboard
hme(4) during the upgrade installation. I'm pretty certain I got similar
performance with 2.0 and 2.0.2.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mj.turner.org.za/