Subject: Re: Re: slapd cores
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/07/2005 11:11:28
--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

On Mon, Jun 06 2005 - 18:13, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> > Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
> > [Switching to LWP 2]
> > 0x0000000041507648 in _setcontext_u () from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0
> > (gdb) bt
> > #0  0x0000000041507648 in _setcontext_u () from
> > /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0
> > Error accessing memory address 0x70: Invalid argument.
> > (gdb) cont
> > Continuing.
> >=20
> > Program terminated with signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
> > The program no longer exists.
> > (gdb) bt
> > No stack.
> > (gdb) quit
>=20
> Does this always happen the same way? I think that's enough to file a
> PR.
>=20

 seems to.
 I tested running ldapsearch and courier-imap authent.
 Both kill slapd with the same gdb error
 (0x0000000041507648 in _setcontext_u () from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0)

 the slapd process dies just after the first "answer" is given.
 I mean, if you ldapsearch and expect 1 or more results, slapd dies
 after the first entrie has been displayed. If you expect no answer
 slapd dies after a full-looking process (aka, saying "result: 0
 Success"). courier-auth fail because after the first search is done, it
 tries to rebind with infos given in the first search (to validate
 password) - but it can't as slapd has died after the first results.

 So, should I open a PR with those infos ? As I understood the PR
 (pointer by timo), it's not the same thing (as the later seems to deal
 with db4 compilation), right ?
=20
> > don't know what all this means (expect my LDAP don't work :)
> > tomorrow, I'll try to compile OpenLDAP with correct debugging info and
> > redo the test.
>=20
> This means the crash happens in libpthread ( which is known to have
> issues on sparc64 ) and something mucked up the stack. Sorry, it doesn't
> seem to be something obvious and trivial :/
>=20

 erf... so I'll try to use mysql till it works (or maybe openldap with
 some - solaris/sparc64, openbsd/sparc64, netbsd/sparc - emulation)

--=20
,- This mail runs ------.
`--------- NetBSD/i386 -'

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf