Subject: Re: slapd cores
To: None <joel@carnat.net>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/06/2005 16:25:46
thus Joel CARNAT spake:
> Hi,
>
> I'm switching my whole i386 services to my U5 and it seems OpenLDAP has
> issues :( Here's a few infos about my conf :
>
> ####################################
> Ultra 5 / NetBSD 3.0_BETA (from a few days ago)
>
> OpenLDAP 2.2.20nb2 (from pkgsrc-2005Q1)
>
> PKG_OPTIONS.openldap=bdb
>
> database bdb
> ####################################
>
> The base is started and filled up with LDIF from the working OpenLDAP
> (on the i386 machine). The I reconstruct the index (slapindex).
>
> When I run ldapsearch on the sparc64 instance, either the process cores
> immediatly or I get a bit of answer then the process goes "mad" (take
> 80% CPU ad-vitam).
>
> Revelant info (I guess) seen with (-d 2) is :
> ldap_read: want=8 error=Resource temporarily unavailable
> ldap_read: want=8 error=Resource temporarily unavailable
> Bus error (core dumped)
>
> I have 512Mo of RAM... And have been testing stability of the system by
> compiling a lot of packages.
>
> Are there any tricks to run OpenLDAP on sparc64 ?
>
> TIA,
> 	Jo

hi jo,

maybe you just run into the (known) problem that db4 is troublesome on
sparc64. i had the same problem deploying cyrus22 -- db4 builds well but
gives me runtime errors (cyrus22 went crazy when trying to contact db4).

see http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=29616

maybe it's possible to fix this by running the 32bit binary from
port-sparc (i'm digging into this right now for my cyrus stuff).

cheers,

--
Timo Schoeler | http://macfinity.net/~tis | timo.schoeler@macfinity.net
//macfinity -- finest IT services | http://macfinity.net

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.