Subject: Re: Success: X11 on Rage Pro and Rage I/II
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/02/2005 23:47:49
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:06:28 -0400
Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net> wrote:

> That's good to know - did you get any weird blitter errors, like
> things not drawn at the right places, garbled text or so on the Rage
> II?
No. But all I displayed was fvwm2, a bunch of xterms and konquerror. I
moved windows around (solid move, "OpaqueMoveSize unlimited" in
fvwm2rc), resized them and got no errors.

> Please prod it a bit more under XFree if you have the time,
The U10 with the Rage II is my firewall / router, NAT and VPN gate, DHCP
and netboot server... So this machine usually runs with serial consloe
in the machine room. Also I can't call 1152x864 at 16 bit depth that
usable. I am used to a SGI Octane with dual head 1280x1024 at 24 bpp so
I can't do more then a quick testing.=20

> and please send me the dmesg output and XFree86.0.log
I'll send an extra private mail.

> > I have a UPA framebuffer 501-4789 Creator Series 3 (FFB2+) available
> > for testing in the U10 too.
> Should Just Work(tm) now, also with acceleration.
Sounds fine...

> I also added support for virtual consoles which needs some more
> testing ;)
Who needs virtual console when X11 is working? ;-)

> > Also: I got a U1e with 501-4127 Creator Series 1 (FFB)
[...]
> Same as above, just make sure you have the latest source.=20
[the usual cvs update and build game...]
WOW! GREAT! Everything works!
U10 with Rage II and with Creator as well as the U1e Creator run X11
with acceleration.

Can't you do this for the SGI O2 (port-sgimips) too? ;-)
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen