Subject: Still no luck with -current
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/22/2005 23:25:01
Hi.

I wane test the new X11 stuff on my U5 (Darwin+) and U10 (Darwin) based
machines. I build a release from source datead at May 20. Unfortunately
my previous problems continue. It is clearly related to the current
kernel. Everything works OK with 2.0.2 kernel + userland. A -current
kernel with 3.99.3 or 2.0.2 userland fails.

Symptoms:
When the system is booted directories are sometimes empty, ls(1) shows
nothing, but files / subdirectories can be accessed normaly if I use the
complete path.
disklabel(8) fails to write the disklabel(5).
newfs(8) fails to write.

See details in my mails to this list dated from May 11 and 12 with
subject "newfs trouble on -current".

Am I really the only person with this strange problems?

Or is there a port of the X11 stuff to 3.0_BETA? I just wane get X11 on
the ATI Rage Pro based machine and help Michael testing the Rage II
support.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen