Subject: Re: U10 video on flatscreen
To: None <leam@reuel.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/18/2005 10:24:39
On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 06:01:17AM -0400, leam@reuel.net wrote:

> 1. The text display only uses the center of the display area,

I just came around configuring X on another U2, and noticed that the X
display did not use the whole flat screen area - which is something different
than asked here, but slightly related.

The Creator in this U2 could not query the monitor for supported settings
(IIRC this depends on the Creator type and the cable used; seems like newer
cards can use dpms to query the screen)

So while my card at home came up with 1280x1024 right from the start, this
machine only used 1152x900.

I used

  setenv output-device screen:1280x1024x67
  reset

at the OF prompt to fix this, and now X occupies my whole screen.

Martin