Subject: Re: XFree86 and sunffb on an Ultra-2 -> Elf_RelocateEntry()
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/09/2005 18:12:08
> Also, a bit OT: I have a 8 MB VSIMM in my SS20.  Is there any hope to
> get 24 bit X11 support for cgfourteen?

As I've remarked on port-sparc, I have that right now.  In fact, I am
typing this message into a SS20 with cg14, running my X server with
8bpp and 24bpp on the screen at the same time.  (At least I think I
have a 24bpp window up.  I certainly could.)

Since I have no docs on the cg14's smarts, I'm using it as a dumb
framebuffer.  But it has enough views that I can simultaneously use it
as a dumb 8bpp framebuffer and a dumb 24bpp framebuffer, getting 8bpp
speed for most things while still having 24bpp available.  (Getting X
to work with this was interesting, and I've seen some reason to suspect
there's still a bug lurking, but it does basically work.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign