Subject: Re: XFree86 and sunffb on an Ultra-2 -> Elf_RelocateEntry()
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/09/2005 20:45:10
On Mon, 9 May 2005 13:25:45 -0400
Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net> wrote:

> > I have a 501-4789 "Creator Series 3 (FFB2+)" for my U10. It would be
> > nice to be able to use it.
> At least 2D-Support should be there in the not too far future.
This is really great news. I am desperately looking for a not too slow,
non-PeeCee machine supported by NetBSD that is 24 bit X11 capable.

Will this also work when I run a 32 bit userland on the U5 / U10?
(To work around LP64 related GCC internal bugs in the HP-PA backend I
need to use a 32 bit machine for building hp700...)

BTW: I am building -current at the moment to test the recent ATI PCI VGA
support. I have a U10 ("Darwin") with "ATI Technologies 3D Rage I/II"
and a U5 ("Darwin+") with an ATI Rage Pro. Will this work on Darwin and
Darwin+ or Darwin+ only?

Maybe this should be added to the FAQ on the port-sparc64 page at the
NetBSD web site. ;-)

> 3D not any time soon though.
No problem. I don't need 3D games. If I need it in the future I still
have a SGI Octane with dual head ESSI + ESI. This ought to be enough
OpenGL hardware for me.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen