Subject: Re: ultra5 & Xwindows
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Amadeus Stevenson <amadeus.stevenson@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/04/2005 17:50:11
On 5/4/05, Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net> wrote:

> > unknown vendor 0x17fe unknown product 0x2120 (ethernet network) at
> > pci2 dev2 function 0 not configured
>=20
> 0x17fe is 'Linksys, A Division of Cisco Systems'.
>=20
> I've seen a few posts suggesting this thing would be supported but I
> could find no evidence for this in NetBSD. Our vendor list doesn't even
> include this ID.

I just found:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2003/09/09/0003.html

and

http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive/misc/0408/msg00152.html

and

http://www.leenooks.com/139

I have the WMP11v4 and wi* only supports the WMP11v3. The v4 has a
different InProcomm (since bust) chipset apparently. I'll try to open
the thing to check the chipset without damaging it.

This should be entered into the man page, or at least somewhere
obvious so people don't make the same mistake I did.

Boy did I get unlucky picking from the wi* manpage.

Thanks,

Amadeus