Subject: Re: ultra5 & Xwindows
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Amadeus Stevenson <amadeus.stevenson@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/04/2005 14:00:42
I received the WMP11 Linksys wireless PCI card this morning that was
listed as supported under 2.0 and -current for my U5.

"Linksys Group, Inc. Instant Wireless Network WMP11 PCI Card" from wi(4)

With your (Michael's) kernels I get:

"unknown vendor...... (ethernet network) .... not configured".

With my "-current" kernel I get the same.

I also booted the original 2.0 kernel (which has the wi support) and
get the same.

Did you compile wi support in your ultra 10 kernels Michael?

Basically I'm getting:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/*

And compiling toolchain then kernel (not distribution).

Is this the wrong thing for -current? The timestamps don't seem very
recent. Is there somewhere else I can download the latest sources? I
can't use cvs on the machine. I'm a bit confused between the -current
and the -3 branch. Whatever works!

I might be able to test the usb and wifi cards on i386 with 2.0; to
see if it's the U5 playing up.

Thanks

Amadeus