Subject: Re: virtual terminals on ultra 5
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/01/2005 23:08:11
In muc.lists.netbsd.port.sparc64 Michael wrote:

>You can't. NetBSD 2.0 on sparc64 doesn't use wscons and therefore you don't=
> have virtual consoles. The code to support them on a few graphics chipsets=
> ( namely Sun cg6 and ATi Mach64 ) is in -current and will probably end up =
>in NetBSD 3.0.

What's the state of SunFFB (Creator3D) and wscons?

I have it working currently (U10, Creator3D, XFree86) with a somewhat-older
-current kernel, and patches from John Heasley, and would love to see
all the necessary bits in the now-current -current tree.

SunFFB and March64 dual-head would be even nicer :-)

gert
--
I've got a signature breakdown! Anybody got a spare one?

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-3243328                         gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de