Subject: Re: Sun Quad Ethernet card on PC
To: None <joel@carnat.net>
From: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/01/2005 12:28:15
I tried this last summer, same results as you.  The hme driver really wants
to find the MAC addr from the system and doesn't try to query the hme's for
theirs.  (folks will now chime in with comments about how there may not be a
MAC on the hme, but that was with the qec's.  IIRC, all the qfe's do)
OpenBSD (or maybe FreeBSD) had just patched to pull the MAC addrs from the
hme's but there didn't seem to be any traction for anyone to pull in that
same change here.

I'd be happy to provide hardware and do testing of anyone would spend a few
hours pulling in the change.  I'm more of a kernel tinkerer so my attempt to
merge the change didn't work out.

peter