Subject: Re: Re: freeze with lorecore.s (v1.204)
To: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/29/2005 06:48:41
On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 01:10:37PM +0200, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> Dans l'?pisode pr?c?dent (Sun, Mar 27 2005 - 10:34), Chuck Silvers nous apprenait que :
> > you're using X on this box now, right?  if so, perhaps the hangs are related
>
>  yes, X was running on this "X special kernel" :)
>
> > to that.  could you try running it with a serial console (and without X)
> > and see if you can still reproduce the hangs in that configuration?
>
>  I've rebuild/reboot a 2.0_STABLE (with locore 1.204) and my U10 still
> freezes (here @ lan/perl compilation). As usual - nothing on SSH
> connection, nothing on connection.

and just to make sure I'm clear on this, you hadn't run X on the box
at any point between that reboot and when it hung?

> Maybe I should enable DEBUG options.
> I'll try to include DIAGNOSTIC and SYSCALL_DEBUG to see if I can get
> something.

SYSCALL_DEBUG isn't very interesting for this, but DEBUG and DIAGNOSTIC are.

you might try a -current kernel too, at least for long enough to see if
the hanging problem is there too.

could you post the full output of dmesg from this box?

I'll try running a 2.0.x kernel on my U10 soon and see if I can reproduce it.

-Chuck