Subject: Re: arch conflict on update
To: 'port-sparc64@netbsd.org' list <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: George Adkins <george@webbastard.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/21/2005 17:25:46
>> Is there a reason why you don't use the safe road by building into a
>> destination directory and using "./build.sh ... install=/" afterwards?
>
> Because installworld is too clever and checks again.
> I tried to convince Luke to fix this a year or so ago, but he insisted
> it would only cause support trouble from people that accidently
> overwrite
> their binaries with incompatible ones for another arch.

DOH!

This is infuriating.

Why can't things just do as they're told instead of all this attempting
to compensate for stupid lusers?

if you compile the world and write it over your system, you deserve
what you get.

--
George

'Christians get married in a church, that's called Holy Acrimony,
they're only allowed to have one spouse, that's called monotony.'
-- anonymous 5 year old