Subject: Re: Re: XFree86 - testers wanted
To: Takeshi Nakayama <tn@catvmics.ne.jp>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/18/2005 18:15:16
Dans l'épisode précédent (Sat, Mar 19 2005 - 00:47), Takeshi Nakayama nous apprenait que :

> > > Do the lockups happen during heavy paging activity?
> > > I have 256MB, so most things compile without any swapping, even with XFCE4 and a bunch of other apps running.
> >
> >  I think I have enough memory :)
> >  I've restart compilation for openbox and run "systat 2 vmstat" on
> >  another console... I'll see what it says.
>
> Would you please use a kernel compiled with a sparc64/locore.s of
> -current (rev. 1.204)?

 I've check my -current source tree and it seems I have the right
version (/* $NetBSD: locore.s,v 1.204 2005/02/12 21:32:56 chs Exp $ */).

 I'm actually compiling the kernel again, just to make sure the last
 one already has the right locore... take a bit of time as I 'rm
 /usr/obj*' each time :)

 I'll let you know what's new as I have an easy crash test scenario.

> Some great improvemet has done in this revision, then I has been
> using a netbsd-2 kernel and -current's locore.s on my Netra X1 with
> no trouble over a month.

 I read about it in a previous thread - that's why I was surprised my
 damm U10 still freeze.

--
,-- This mail runs ---------.
`------------ NetBSD/i386 --'