Subject: Re: Re: XFree86 - testers wanted
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/18/2005 15:36:01
Dans l'épisode précédent (Fri, Mar 18 2005 - 09:21), Michael nous apprenait que :
> Hello,
>
> >  I think there should be fixed things that aren't in netbsd-2 either
> >  ('coze I have hangs even with a full netbsd-2 release).
> >  It freezes (with no reason I can see) when compiling various things...
> >  Sometimes bash compiles straigth, sometimes not. Last thing was with
> >  openbox ; it freezed somewhere in the middle of the dependancies
> >  compilation.
> That's weird. I had some kernel panics which were related to a bug in the threadlib, but nothing else. Do you use IDE disks? I seem to remember there were problems with the U10s onboard IDE controller, I use it only for the CDROM, everything else is UW-SCSI.

 the system is 100% IDE.
 but pkgsrc is an NFS mounted FS.
 and the freezes apply during compilation - I mean not during
 installation only - but indeed swap access is done on IDE :)

 I don't have any scsi material to put in :(

--
,-- This mail runs ---------.
`------------ NetBSD/i386 --'