Subject: Re: tty problems with current netbsd
To: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/12/2005 10:20:55
On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 02:50:48PM +0000, sigsegv@rambler.ru wrote:
> I built 32-bit GENERIC_SUN4U kernel + 32-bit userland from current
> source tree. When booting kernel, white console with black foreground
> text is obscured by a small black window with white foreground text,
> where the rest of kernel message begin appearing. In particular I notice
> the following message:
>
> Setting tty flags.
> sys_ioctl: _IOW('t', 92, 4) returned -1: pid=87 comm=ttyflags
>
> When it gets to the login promt, the keyboard does not seem to work at all.
>
> Any ideas? Or current for sparc64 is not quite ready for general use?

The sparc64 is ready for general use, and has been for quite a long time
now. As for the 32 bit version (aka NetBSD/sparc)... possibly not. I run
NetBSD/sparc64 on an Ultra 1 and Ultra 5 here, and really see no practical
reason for running 32bit on an Ultra. Perhaps if you need to run 32-bit
binaries that COMPAT_NETBSD32 in -current/sparc64 can't handle... other than
that... *shrug*

- Sean

--
 _