Subject: Re: NetBSD Sparc64 SMP
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: James Cornell <unixpenguin2004@earthlink.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/23/2005 07:30:54
According to various sources, FreeBSD has SMP in their kernel.  I will probably
use FreeBSD as I have in the past with my UltraSparc so I can harness my SMP for
now.  NetBSD should take a look at FreeBSD's SMP implementation to reduce the time
required to build a NetBSD specific Sparc64 SMP kernel.  I understand why this cannot
be done yet.  There are more important priorities that still need to be addressed.
As long as the Sparc64 port gets worked on in one form or another, even if not on
SMP, I support the port developers and community individual's thoughts and wishes.

James