Subject: Re: NetBSD Sparc64 SMP
To: NetBSD Port Sparc64 <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/23/2005 03:32:06
On Feb 23, 2005, at 3:24 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:
>> So what
>> would motivate the Powers That Be to take some time away from other
>> projects, sleep, etc., to hack on this?
>
> I can't speak for "the Powers That Be", but it's not like SMP is
> ignored.
> It just happened to not be the #1 thing on anyones todo list - and
> please
> understand that priorities are different for different people.
> (I'll leave out the standard volunteer project rant here)
>
> The point is, that we have important other things done or nearly done
> now.
> So it will be a good time for SMP improvements soon. Hopefully.

   Yes, I understand and agree.  Please don't be offended by my
statements.  I realize there have been other priorities, and
NetBSD/sparc64 has made TREMENDOUS progress in the past few months.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "I've watched Harley people throw up
Cape Coral, FL                      on the ceiling."    -Krissi