Subject: Re: sparc64 error when compiling kernel
To: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
From: Seth Kurtzberg <seth@cql.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/17/2005 21:24:16
sigsegv@rambler.ru wrote:

> gaspo wrote:
>
>> now my server download cvs src
>> and while download i type:
>> netbsd# cd /usr/src
>> netbsd# ls
>> BUILDING     Makefile     UPDATING     build.sh     crypto
>> CVS          Makefile.inc bin          contrib
>>  netbsd# ./build.sh
>>
>> ERROR: build.sh must be run from the top source level
>>
>>  .. i edit build.sh and see:
>>  # This script should run on any POSIX-compliant shell.  For systems
>>  # with a strange /bin/sh, "ksh" or "bash" may be an ample alternative.#
>>
>> but i have a normal shell..
>>

> I'd like to refer you to the following pages, I think you should read
> a bit more background info before you attempt to build custom kernels,
> etc.
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/part-compile.html
> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/

That's an excellent suggestion.  Also (and sorry if this was already
suggested and I missed it), I would see if the compiler, with the paths
you have set up, can compile and link _anything_.

If you have both a compiler problem and a kernel building problem, you
can go around in circles for days.  So try to resolve one at a time.