Subject: Re: SMP work on sparc64
To: Timo =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sch=F6ler?= <wanker4freedom@web.de>
From: R. Tyler Ballance <tyler@tamu.edu>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/14/2005 08:39:04
--=-k3yCWvTGlacHWZez5/Rs

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 14:13 +0100, Timo Sch=F6ler wrote:
> >   I know this has been ongoing for a long time, so I thought I'd
> > check to see if there is any real progress being made.  Also,
> > I wanted to ask if there is a "bucket" for people offering to
> > contribute to getting this working (ie, running multiuser at
> > least somewhat reliably, so that more people will test/run
> > it).  I'd be happy to contribute to such a pool.
> >
> >   If there isn't one, I think we should set one up.  There used
> > to be a web site for people to request work and bid amounts
> > to have it done, but I can't find it anymore.  Anyone know of
> > a place to manage such "pools of money for task X" things?
> >
> >   Otherwise, I'd be happy to hear any suggestions of anyone
> > else willing to contribute to such a goal, and any thoughts as
> > to how to manage it.

wxWidgets does something similar, they have a bounty portion of their
website, where people essentially put bounties on certain features
they'd want to see implemented. When somebody sends in a patch to
implement said features, they work it out kind of honour system-based to
where the right people find money in their hands.

I'm all for it, I think it's the simplest way for the 'smaller' open
source hacker can still supplement his/her income.

-R. Tyler Ballance

--=-k3yCWvTGlacHWZez5/Rs

--=-k3yCWvTGlacHWZez5/Rs--